Caprese is the Italian & Mediterranean restaurant in Shangri-La, Bengaluru. It’s one of the popular restaurants located on 18th floor in Shangri-La and well known to all Italian Food Lovers. I was invited for a Bloggers Meet at Caprese on 17th Day of January 2016 along with few others.
Shangri-La, Bengaluru is one of my favorite Hotels in Bangalore. I have already visited few restaurants like Ssaffron and Shang Palace earlier and received a best in Class Service, so I have had high expectation about the Caprese too. They have a hash tag which says #ShangrilaExperience which they truly deserve when it comes to quality, service, taste & hospitality at all the restaurants in Shangri-La, Bengaluru.
As I mentioned above, the Caprese is located on the 18th Floor and yes, the Shangri-La is in the Prime Vicinity of Bangalore, where most of the old Bangaloreans reside. The Caprese offers a perfect fine-dining experience, which is apt for a date, client engagement and special occasions. The Caprese has a beautiful elegant décor and typical light wood finishing ambiance, which appeals everyone. The view from Terrace of Caprese is spectacular, which none of the hotels in this segment offers. There is a direct view of Vidhana Soudha (Power House of Karnataka) from Terrace, that’s something one shouldn’t miss!
There is a beautiful View of Bangalore Palace from Caprese and the best part is our table reserved at a perfect view-able area.
Antonio Tardi is the Executive Chef at Caprese and he is the one, who designed a special menu for us! Chef Antonio Tardi culinary arts began at the tender age of sixteen, when his father Giuseppe encouraged him to explore the world of gastronomy. In pursuit of his dream, he completed university studies in his native Naples, Italy at the Luigi de Medici Institute and has since enjoyed a career that has taken him across Italy, France, the Caribbean, and now in Namma Bengaluru. He is enthusiastic, friendly and down to earth soul. We had a great interactive session with Chef Antonio.
We were welcomed with a In House Sangria, which was extremely good and perfect way to kick start our lunch at Caprese.
As soon as we socialize, Cheese Platter arrived at our table, which consists of Gorgonzola, Fresh Burrata, Provolone and Manchengo. All these Cheeses are authentic & imported ones. It’s a perfect accompaniment to Sangria & some bread.
Our Lunch comprised of Veg & Non Veg selections! Here are some of the Veg dishes, which I adored and these dishes tastes Out of the World.
- Vegetarian Mezze Platter – The Platter Consists of Hummus, Mutabal, Babaganoush, Labneh with Garlic Muhammara which was cold. However Falafel, Kibbeh, Cheese Fatayer and Kibbeh Potato are served Hot. I enjoyed this Hot & Cold Combination! Now it’s your chance to visit Caprese & try this without fail.
- Assorted Bruschetta – There were three different varieties of Bruschetta served! I liked the one garnished with bell peppers!
- Coca De Cebolla – Caramelized Onions, Roasted Pepper and Manchego Cheese topped on a Traditional Catalan Bread. It tastes extremely good and the picture answers for all the questions.
- Risotto with Mushrooms – Chef Antonio Tardi cooked this beautiful dish in front of us and it was more like a Master Class. The Risotto garnished with Smoked Scarmorza Cheese, Deep fried Capers and sundried tomatoes. I have had the risotto in multiple restaurants in Bangalore. However, the one which I had here is unique and it’s a memorable experience.
- Paccheri Pasta – Paccheri look like a shape of very large tubes, originating from Campania and Calabria. The Paccheri is filled with Potato, Capsicum & Asparagus. Well, this dish is Chef’s favorite though. Since, his mom use to stuff this combination whenever he denies having food. The Paccheri was soft and non-chewy! The stuffing is brilliant and one will definitely love it.
- Crepe Florentine – Butter Sautéed spinach and béchamel sauce. Another successful and most favorite dish for everyone.
- Dessert – There was a platter of Ice Creams and Desserts served along with a Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream. The platter consists of Crème Brûlée, Orange-Campari ice-cream, Pineapple Basil ice-cream and Liquid Nitrogen Vanila ice-cream. Oh boy! This is just amazing, brilliant, lovely and appealing!
A special Negron was served in an Old Fashioned Glass. Well, The Negroni cocktail is made of gin, vermouth rosso, and Campari, garnished with orange peel. It looks indeed great and one must definitely experience it. Note: This drink is strictly for above 18 years age.
Below are the Non Veg Dishes, my other friends tried
- Charcuterie Platter
- Tortilla De Patata
- Calamares Fritos
- Grilled New Zealand Lamb Chops
When it comes to places like Shangri-La, it’s all about experience along with the food. Honestly saying, it’s one of best bloggers meet so far after Shang Palace. The #ShangriLaExperience is truly because of the Chefs, Marketing and Sales People. I see everyone are enthusiastic at Shangri-La and that’s the reason this place is different from other hotels. There is a Magic in the Shangri-La, which makes everyone to visit again & again.
It my request every reader to visit Caprese, if you love Italian & Mediterranean dishes! You will see the difference!
Address: Caprese, 18th Floor, Shangri-La Hotel, Vasanth Nagar, Bangalore.
Phone: 080 45126460
Reservation: Certainly Required