The Fatty Bao, the award-winning Asian Gastrobar in Indiranagar, Bangalore has introduced a new menu to beat the summer heat. “An Ode to summer” – A Summer Collection of Delicious Asian Flavors from The Fatty Bao from May 20 to 29, 2016.
A feast of fresh, delicious, flavorful summery Asian dishes including crunchy salads, refreshing summer rolls and sushi, fruity desserts with a selection of light, refreshing cocktails, before we bid adieu to the season! The Menu was designed by Chef. Prashanth by using the summer, cool ingredients and refreshing concoctions with echoes of Asian flavors to give an extraordinary experience to every guest! Well, I was part of the exclusive food tasting preview with some of the other food lovers in the Town. The preview was organized for lunch and this became an unforgettable experience. The first thing which impressed at Fatty Bao is Ambiance! We were seated at the roof top, which has adorable décor with vibrant colors right from the chair to the wall. The place was decked up for this last celebration of summer with origami flowers, fluttering butterfly cutouts and beautiful lanterns. Honestly, I just fell in love with this place!
- Thai Summer Salad – The dish made out of fresh watermelon and radish with minimal seasoning. This was so chilled and so refreshing. One cannot say no to it!
- Cold Noodle Salad – Prepared using spicy Asian Glass Noodles & pickled vegetables, which was little tanginess and bit chewy. This was presented brilliantly!
- Rice Paper Rolls – I am not a great fan of Rice Paper Rolls because of the fish sauce influence. However, I dint experience that odor in this dish. The outer layer was soft and Veggies rolled inside were fresh and little crunchy. The dish tasted great with the sweet citrus chili dipping sauce.
- Mango Panna Cotta – This is a Signature dish at Fatty Bao and one shouldn’t miss this. The dessert served with sago, pistachio crumble & vanilla ice cream. This is one of the best Mango Panna Cotta I ever had.
- Frozen Rainbow Cake – This was another must try dessert. It looks elegant and tastes divine!
The attraction at Fatty Bao is the presentation of the dishes and ever smiling staff, which lacks in most of the restaurants in Bangalore. Since, Presentation plays a vital role, when you are visiting restaurants like Fatty Bao.
They also had some of the festival cocktails like Mary Blue, Cucumber Cooler, Summer Shandy and Sunny Margarita – These were insanely good and appealing though! It’s the perfect destination for a quick lunch, a leisurely afternoon or an evening get-together with friends, al fresco dining, cool cocktails or just a relaxed evening in the bar. Overall, it was an unforgettable experience and thank you “The Fatty Bao” Team for having us!
Address: The Fatty Bao, 3rd Floor # 610, 12th Main Road, HAL 2nd Stage, (Above Monkey Bar), Indiranagar, Bangalore- 560 038
Phone: +91 80 44114499