After I published my first day blog post on restaurants in UB City, I got a tremendous response from friends and followers across various social media platforms. So I have decided to write my second day experience as soon as possible.
As I mentioned in my first blog post, the hopping was continued for second day as well. Our second day started from “Toscano” – A classy café kind of restaurant in the Town, which serve authentic Italian and Mediterranean fare. It’s a favorite restaurant for most of the expats in the City. I have been interacting with my clients regularly and most of them will add this restaurant in their go to list before arriving Namma Bengaluru. Toscano has good number of Wine collections, which is apt for wine lovers in the City. Toscano is a brainchild of Jean Michel Jasserand and Goutham Balasubramanian.
Well, our lunch started with some exclusive Mocktails, Wine and eye catching Salads.
- Caprese classic entailed of marinated tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella served with melon, crunchy rocket leaves, marinated olives and basil pesto. It was much needed for us to kick start the afternoon. The dish was too lite and presented beautifully. One cannot say no to it!
- Bruschetta with Mushroom – The Bruschetta’s were soft and crispy, which was topped with sautéed Mushrooms & little seasoning. However, there were few olives, fig and micro greens to garnish the entire dish.
- Citric fruits and Feta salad – Fruits always go well with Feta Cheese and I always love this combination. In Tocsano, they used fresh oranges, grape fruits, cucumber, apple, carrot and red onions topped with oregano marinated feta and used in-house dressing. It was served with a piece of Garlic Bread.
- Spinach, potato, spaghetti & walnut croquettes – Crispy fried breaded croquettes with finger chips, mixed greens& aioli. I wasn’t so impressed with Croquettes. Since it was hard and could have been better to do the justice for the Presentation.
- Homemade Spinach and ricotta filled ravioli – Being a great fan of Pasta, I will never say no to Ravioli. Here it was fabulous! The Ravioli stuffed with Spinach and ricotta, it’s a good combination and every diner will love the dish.
- Risotto con funghi misti e fagioli barlotti was stewed mixed mushrooms with rice, white wine, Parmesan, parsley, extra virgin olive oil and Borlotti bean. The dish looks simple but there should be so much of dedication and monitoring involved while making the Risotto. I do love good risotto and prefer only at places like Toscano. The Wild Mushroom gave an extraordinary taste to the entire dish. This was again presented nicely! My full marks for this dish.
We kept some space for desserts after trying the above mentioned dishes
- Warm apple crumble – Cinnamon, raisins and strawberry coulis served with vanilla ice cream.
- Toscano’s signature Chocolate Kahlua mouse in almond tuile and crème anglaise. This is one of the popular desserts in Toscano and I tried for the first time. I fell in love with it.
- Banoffee pie – banana & toffee pie drizzled with caramel sauce, hazelnut paste, toasted nuts & vanilla ice-cream. This was presented beautifully and tastes indeed great. I just love it and this would be my first choice, whenever I visit Toscano.
- Mango panna cotta (eggless) served with mint, fruits, orange and vanilla ice cream. I was the first person to love this dessert. The Pannacota wasn’t too sweetish, that’s something attracted me and its eggless!
Overall Experience was fabulous and the presentation of all the dishes is beautiful. Its apt place for authentic Italian Food and recommended place to Date!
Address: The Collection – U.B. City, Level II, Concord Block, 24, Vittal Mallya Road, Bangalore Ph: +91 080 4173 8800
Our next restaurant was Sing kong, which is a decent Pan Asian restaurant and another popular destination for some of the authentic and fusion dishes of Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia. This was my 3rd visit to Sing kong! I never had issues with food during all my visits here. The place offers comfortable seating and good fine dining experience.
During the restaurant hopping, we tried Spinach and Vegetable dumplings, Pandan leaves wrapped spiced cottage cheese, Schichimi togarashi potato & vermicelli on sugar cane stick and Stir fried noodles with Edamame in Veg and my Non Vegetarian friends enjoyed Honey Hunan roasted pork – steamed open buns, Crystal shrimp dumplings, Aromatic spicy chicken dumplings, Wasabi prawns, Grilled lemon grass chili basa and Stir fried chili basil chicken
- Spinach and Vegetable dumplings – The dish was presented beautifully and looks neat and elegant. The outer shell of the dumpling was soft and slightly succulent. The spinach and Vegetable combination totally did a justice in giving an appealing taste. A recommended dish for vegetarians.
- Pandan leaves wrapped spiced cottage cheese – I was overwhelmed with the presentation of the dish at the first instance. I love the dishes which served in leaves and especially banana leaf. Well, the spiced cottage cheese marinated and charbroiled in Pandan leaves. That smoked flavor gave an extraordinary taste with Chili Coriander and Soya dip.
- Schichimi togarashi potato & vermicelli on sugar cane stick – I wasn’t so convinced with this dish for some reason. I felt its bland!
It was again a good experience at Sing kong and will definitely recommend this place for Pan Asian lovers!
Address: 204, 2nd Level, 4th Floor, Comet Block, UB City, Lavelle Road, Bangalore Ph: +91 8041755366
We were totally filled after 2 restaurants, so we settled at Sancho’s with few Beers and Cocktails.
Photo Courtesy: Raksha Kamat
Sancho’s aims to stay true to the incredible flavours, colours and smells found throughout Mexico. Choosing to use only fresh, flavorsome ingredients, come over to enjoy a wide range of dishes from tacos, tortillas, quesadillas and enchiladas to salads and soups, before washing it all down with one of Sanchos’ much loved margaritas. I liked their Quesadillas and nachos any time and these 2 are my first pick.
The first thing which attracts everyone at Sanchos is Ambiance. The décor is fabulous and classy with semi open seating area and the view of other Towers in UB City is prodigious from here!
After relaxing for an hour, we were served Fiesta Nachos, Tortilla Soups, habenaro cottage cheese and tres leches for dessert! I dint had complaints with any of these dishes. Fiesta Nachos are something must try and believe me, the Nachos weren’t soggy after an hour also, and that’s something laudable. Tortilla soups were brilliant with high spice level.
Photo Courtesy: Raksha Kamat
Exceptionally Great Experience at Sancho’s as well.
Address: 204, UB City, Vittal Mallya Road, Near Lavelle Road, Lavelle Road, Bangalore Phone: +91 7022614087
After my 2 days hopping, I found every restaurant in UB City is blameless!
It was an Incredible and epic #bloggersmeetatubcity