Woozoe organized their first Foodies meet at Café Mezzuna as per my suggestion and the reason I have preferred this place is because of the best experiences from fellow Food Critics & Bloggers. The posts about this place were raving on Social Media and that’s one of the reasons where our Meet ended at Café Mezzuna. They invited few food enthusiastics and Lovers in the Town, i am lucky to be part of this Meetup.
What is Woozoe?
Woozoe is a crowd-sourced platform that takes a foodie straight to the best food out there; eliminating the drudgery of finding restaurants or pouring over menus. It helps you find food, great food to eat via the best people-recommended dishes and not just via restaurants. This is a platform “For the Foodies and by the Foodies”
Woozoe is started by enthusiastic foodies and the concept is unique. Woozoe is a mobile app that lets foodies round the world recommend their restaurant and street food finds and discovers via specific food cravings. It runs with the crowd-sourced model, where users share their good food finds and look for the same from others in the community. The base idea is to let people know what dishes/drinks are good to eat in a restaurant, area, or city. Without any biases!
Do go through www.woozoe.com and download the App from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woozoe.app and start exploring!
Café Mezzuna is absolutely the superlative treasure in my few years of Food Journey. It was a Sunday afternoon, the place was pensively crowded. The place is so very convivial, calm and joyful. The interiors are unequivocally magnificent. Contemporary, yet outgoing and well layout and unpredictably airy. You have a choice of sitting inside or outside; we sat inside initially and found uncomfortable for Photography, so picked the outside section. Being a food blogger, nice photographs of food are something mandate. The outdoor seating amidst a petite artificial garden, which has the Wow factor!
The Interior chairs are contented though, and they have inordinate round tables, which are suitable for bulky crowd, sanctioning everyone to socialize.
Well, Café Mezzuna is a Mediterranean and European Fare restaurant with some great dishes on their menu and unique among this segment. We ordered an ample number of dishes in Both Veg & Non Veg.
Along with food, we ordered few Cocktails & Mocktails too!
Here are some of the few starters we tried:
- Hot Pan Grilled Mushroom – Now days, I feel like having mushroom where ever I see in the menu and that’s how I tempted to try out this dish on a High Expectation. But it wasn’t great as expected. I feel mushrooms were Bland and addition of seasoning could have done better.
- The Jalapeno Cheese Balls – It was good and tastes divine, however, I feel a little hard compared to other places.
- Potato Leek Cheddar Croquette – Not sure whether it was smoked flavor added to the dish or burnt. But yes, we enjoyed the dish without any complaints.
In Main Course,
- Rich Creamy Mushroom with Spaghetti – One of my foodie friends ordered this dish and I felt the dish was a little bland, although there was so much of seasoning. However, I liked the dish.
- The Red Pasta with chunky Tomato and Bell Peppers – I guess sun-dried tomatoes & Italian seasoning played a major role in making the dish most flavorful. I totally adored the dish!
- The Three Mushrooms & Crispy Spiced Potato Mini Burgers – These sliders were extremely good and I would definitely recommend for Burger Lovers. Patty is flavorful and Buns are soft! Both the burgers have got a Unique Taste.
- Mediterranean Vegetable Tagine, Garlic, Dill Pilaf – This was a show topper and everyone in the group adored the dish. The rice was flavorful, because of the chunks of garlic and basil I guess. The Tagine was heavenly.
- Baked Vegetables – This dish has become my favorite after trying over here, I would love to try if I see anywhere in the menu. Here it was soft, creamy, hot and delightful. I truly loved it, without any concerns. PS: The portions are huge and one person cannot finish it .
- Wild Mushrooms, Sundried Tomatoes, wilted Spinach and Goat Cheese Pizza – It’s a thin crust Pizza and tastes virtuous. Another commendable dish to try in Café Mezzuna.
Tiramisu, Chocolate Mousse, Pannacota and Cheese Cake – We got a platter of all 4 on one tray and tastes upright.
In Cocktails, I have ordered customized ones and Bartender did a brilliant job in fulfilling my exact requirement.
Along with these dishes, our Non Veggie Friends ordered a huge range of Non Veg Dishes though!
The service at Café Mezzuna is excellent. Folks have taken the order politely, suggested the best cocktails and food according to our requirement. They explained the specialties of the Signature dishes. Served the dishes quickly and cleared the table as soon as we finished.
Believe me, the prices are rock-bottom and we surprised to see such an economic bill.
I like to Thank Woozoe for organizing this Bloggers Meetup and it was a fun filled afternoon with Foodie Buddies!
#woozoe #woozoemeetup #bloggersmeet
Address: 15/16, Ground Floor, House of Lords, St. Marks Road, Bangalore
Phone # 080 22112896 / 080 22112902