Being a Vegetarian from Bangalore, I always love our staple breakfast dish Dosa. I have visited most of the restaurants in Bangalore and the below 9 restaurants are best among all for Masala Dosa. If you are a foodie and new to Bangalore, you should visit at least one of these restaurants!
- Vidyarthi Bhavan – I would say, VB is one of the famous landmarks in Bangalore. It’s a must visit place for Masala Dosas in Bangalore. It’s a nostalgic place for so many people including me. The place has casual interiors with portraits of poets from Karnataka on the walls. The must try dish over here is Masala Dosa. The Masala Dosa over here is thick, greasy, golden brown and served with Chutney. VB has so much of waiting time for the table and more than 30 minutes during weekends.Address: No 32, Gandhi Bazar Main Road, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560004, Phone Number: 080 2667 7588
- Mahalakshmi Tiffin Room – One of the oldest restaurants in Bangalore and hangout place for poets. The place hasn’t lost the charm till date with the kind of ambiance the place has. One must definitely try their “Special Masala Dosa” which is roasted with butter and by the looks it’s more like a Darshini Dosa but definitely not!Address: DVG Road, Gandhi Bazaar, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560004, Phone Number: 080 2290 6305
- CTR Aka Shri Sagar – It’s another legendary restaurant in Malleshwaram. It wasn’t recognized initially like Vidyarthi Bhavan. However, in early 2000’s the place got so much of fame because of consistent Butter Masala Dosas. The Masala Dosa over CTR is thin, crispy and golden brown! The dosa served with Coconut Chutney and Mint Chutney. This place also has so much waiting again during weekends. You shouldn’t miss ordering Goli Bajji’s if you are visiting post noon.Address: 7th Cross Road, Margosa Road, Malleshwaram, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560003 Phone Number: 080 2331 7531
- MTR aka Mavalli Tiffin Room – MTR doesn’t need any intro! MTR is another must visit place for their Masala Dosa, Rava Idly and South Indian Thali. The Masala Dosa over here is slightly thick, dark brown, crispy outside and soft inside. Chutney will be spread across the dosa along with Aloo Palya. They serve tiny cup of desi ghee when you order for Masala Dosa. You shouldn’t miss ordering the Rava Idly. Since it’s an invention by MTR.Address: #17/1, 3rd Cross, H. Siddaiah Road, Bengaluru – 560027, Phone Number: 080 – 22230471
- Siddappa Hotel – Its popular for Half Masala Dosa! The dosas over here are made with desi ghee and crispy at the corners and stuffed with Palya. The taste is certainly homemade types and completely different from all the dosa places. They do serve Ghee Khali, which is another must try dish. Rice bath is decent and can give a shot. The Man Siddappa who owns the place is slightly arrogant if you bypass the waiting line. Right time to visit this place on weekends would be 7.30am if not; you will have to stand in long queue.Address: 38, 5th Cross Rd, Ashwath Nagar, 7th Block, Sampangi Rama Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560027, Phone Number: 099802 86249
- Chikkanna Tiffin Room – Unidentified Gem kind of a place and well known to most of the native bangaloreans. The place is located in Cubbonpet and not so difficult to pin-point. The place serves amazing Masala Dosa, Khali Dosa and Idly! Masala Dosa over here is dark red, uniformly crispy and light. Whereas, the Khali Dosa is super soft and roasted both the sides. Don’t forget to try with double ghee with Saagu for even better taste. Idly & rice bath can be avoided.Address: Near Ulsoor Gate Police Station, Cubbonpet, City Market, Bangalore, Phone Number: 080 40905389
- Sri Udipi Krishna Bhavan – A legendary eatery located in Balepet Main Road! The place is well known for Saagu Masala Dosa. Yes, they put Vegetable Saagu in Dosa which is extremely delicious and must try. If you don’t like Saagu in Dosa, don’t worry. They serve Masala Dosa as well which is slightly small, oval shaped, dark brown, crispy and served with coconut chutney.Address: 123, Opposite Syndicate Bank, Balepet, Majestic, Bangalore, Phone Number: 080 22284777
- Hotel Janardhana – The place use to be a Hangout place for most of the Kannada Film Industry personalities as its pretty close to Gandhi Nagar. This place also serves amazing Masala Dosa with Sambar & Chutney. I felt there is no consistency especially during weekends. So, try visiting this place during weekdays.Address: 6-1, Near Race Course Road, Highgrounds, Kumarakrupa Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, Phone Number: 080 2225 4444
- Lakshmi Nataraja Refreshments – The place is located in busy Nagaratpet Main Road. If you are visiting for the first time, do take assistance from localities or shop keepers in the locality. This place again serves pretty amazing Masala Dosa. The Dosa over here is crispy across, light brown, greasy (Don’t worry that’s ghee) and served with Chutney. They do serve amazing South Indian Thali in the afternoon, which is must try.Address: No. 126, Nagarathpet, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560053, Phone Number: 098442 46007
Do share your valuable opinions about these places by commenting!
Also, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!