Sanctum is one of the favorite places for foodies in Bangalore and it’s one of the classy lounges in the Town. The restaurant mechanism on two doctrines which is an exclusive lounge bar with restaurant by day and an incredible discotheque during night-time.
Sanctum was in my wish list from quite long time, but did not get a chance in the busy schedules. However, I recently visited along with my foodie friends for a Lunch Buffet, which they have introduced recently to mark their presence and gratify the patrons. This Buffet lunch is available throughout the week, except Sunday.
It was 2pm on Saturday and the restaurant cum lounge was fully occupied with crowd from various age groups, which is something good at places like this.
The place looks like an urbane laze, which has deep sofas and I feel these were not the most comfortable for regular dining. However, it suits for quick bites with drink in the evening. The complete dining area is divided into two sections conferring to smoking inclinations. I was pretty impressed by the decor predominantly the semi-open piazza; gets nonchalant and blustery although it was afternoon.
As I said above, Sanctum introduced a lunch buffet at a competitive pricing of 555 INR (All Inclusive) + 1 Beer/Mocktail/Glass of Wine. This is utterly a competitive pricing and praiseworthy in this Segment.
Well, the Buffet Lunch includes Starters, Soup, Salads, 3 Veg & 2 Non Veg Main course, Staples and Desserts. It wasn’t a wide spread with fancy dishes. However, these dishes are marvelous and appeals to visit again. Being a Vegetarian, I loved every dish from the buffet.
Here are some of the dishes I tried:
- Hot & Sour Soup – As name says, the soup was extremely good with spiciness and tartness.
- Gobi Manchurian – I had an impression that why these folks are serving pretty common dish on a buffet. After having a bite, I couldn’t wait to take another piece. It was flavorful, juicy and soft.
- Zaffrani Paneer Tikka – Paneer was soft and marinated perfectly. It goes perfectly with a medium spiced Green Chutney.
- Corn Tikki – A deep fried starter and medium spiced. Tastes really good and one must definitely try, if you are in Sanctum.
- Ceaser Salad – Great Texture and dressed up perfectly. Tastes as usual!
- Paneer Sagwala , Subzi Miloni and Dal Makhni are the main course dishes, where everyone in our group are adored. I usually don’t prefer this kind of curries because of bad experiences at popular places. But trust me, here no dish disappointed me. Best part is, even non vegetarians started liking these, that’s something a gratified moment for Vegetarians.
- Veg Pulao – Loaded with Green Peas and fried onions, it was flavorful, aromatic and certainly goes well with Raitha and Dal Makhni.
Our Happy Meal ended with Black & White Chocolate, Coffee Mousse, Strawberry Cheese Cake and Mango Phirnee. I personally liked Black & White Chocolate and Coffee Mousse.
But Strawberry Cheese Cake totally spoiled my palate.
Service was extremely good and folks are professional and knowledgeable! We experienced a great service and they haven’t thwarted any point of time. They served Starters and Soup on table promptly.
Note: This review is based on Vegetarian Prospective.
Address: 135, Residency Road, Bangalore, Karnataka 560025, India
Phone: +91 9008488779, +91 9611411122