The endorsed explanation of a “cocktail” according to the present Merriam-Webster Dictionary is “an iced drink of wine or distilled liquor mixed with flavor makings.” That’s a pretty broad definition, but reflects the contemporary rehearsal of referring to virtually any assorted drink as a cocktail.
I have tried most of the cocktails like Martini, Margarita, Sour, Mojito, Manhattan, Fizz, Daiquiri, Cosmopolitan, Bloody Mary, Tom Collins, Highball, Champagne Cocktail, Pina Colada and many more of those I don’t even remember the names. These are the regular cocktails we get in most of the pubs and well known for cocktail fans.
Well, you might think that why this food blogger is talking about Cocktails? Yes, recently I got an opportunity to be part of “High on Power” Cocktail festival at High Ultra Lounge on 19th Day of July 2015. High Ultra Lounge is one of the must visit landmarks in Bangalore and I personally call this place as “Stylish revamped”.
Blowout unrestrainedly across 10,000 square feet High Ultra Lounge is a contemporary Asian bar and restaurant. The terminus is based on the theme of “agelessness – things that never go out of rage.” When it comes to F&B, it’s the nitty-gritties that keep troupes in the game for the long run; the basics such as great food, great drinks, great ambiance and great service.
The High Ultra Lounge bids Archetypal and Soothing Pan Asian Food with a faintly new kink; beverages that use contemporary mixology to create blends flavored with natural spices and herbs; service that is fun, with nature and environment that is unmatched.
There will not be end if I keep talking about this beauty; I have never seen such a beautiful, mind-blowing, breathtaking place in the City. Dining on 32nd Floor will definitely be a pleasurable experience and if you are accompanied with your loved one, that’s heavenly! When you watch the sky from the 32nd floor you feel you are only few steps away from the heaven.
HIGH Ultra Lounge came up with an occasion that takes the most influential world leaders and depicts their traits into cocktails! Each cocktail has been specially hewed to their personalities, claim to fame and image portrayed by the world media and baptized it as “High on Power” Cocktail festival.
High Ultra Lounge had invited few popular fashion and food bloggers in the city for the exclusive preview of “High on Power” Cocktail festival. The event started at 6pm with a demo about the festival from Mr. Anand Nayak followed by Comedy show from India’s only partially blind stand-up comedian Mr. Sundeep Rao till the end.
Mr. Sundeep came up with fresh material and reuses old jokes with new show. I have been to many comedy shows in the past but Sundeep’s performance was incredible & enjoyed every moment while sipping cocktails!
On the occasion of “High on Power” Cocktail festival, Mr. Guru Prashanth, Director, Bar Operations at HIGH created 10 cocktails based on interesting political personalities of the world
- “From Russia With Love” – Cocktail prepared using frozen snow drink with the flavors of Vodka & Elder Flower. The Cocktail signified Mr. Vladimir Putin’s personality! The cocktail had distinctive flavor, and looked pretty on the frozen ice. This became a favorite drink for most of us in the Evening!
- “The Sour Kozy” – Cocktail comprised of Gin, Champagne, Lemon Juice & Sugar. This drink depicted Mr. Nikolas Sarkozy’s personality! This is a classic French 75 (Cocktail) and this tasted similar to Tom Collins, but this drink gave me perfect kick start.
- “The BARlusconi” – Cocktail made with Campari+ Grapefruit + Jim beam. Prepared based on Mr. Silvio Berlusconi personality! Drink tastes like bitter sweet.
- “Monica Blewinsky” – Cocktail comprising Roasted Nuts with Jim Beam whiskey caramel, honey and Campari. This drink is a personality of Mr. Bill Clinton and a cocktail served with Chikki.
- “The Muffler” – Cocktail done combining Warm wine, honey, spices & Brandy. Drink presented uniquely and had a strange feeling but tastes excellent. Must try!
- “The Drinktator” – Classic Jinro (soju) served with Plum fruit and tastes like rubbing Alcohol. Warm Drink looks clear and served with plum fruit slice!
- “Namojo” – Mocktail an outcome of Carrots & Orange + elder flower syrup. This drink is a persona of Mr. Narendra Modi. It’s a healthy drink without any Alcohol and tastes brilliant with aroma of Mint.
- “Potus Passion” a Cocktail out of Passion fruit+ lime+ Ginger Juice+ Beer & Jim Beam Whiskey. This Drink showcases the nature of Mr. Barak Obama, one of the strongest drinks.
- “Italian Duddu” made combining Cream + Milk + butter + sugar + caramel syrup +Bacardi star Aniseed. This drink showcases Mr. Rahul Gandhi charisma, another graceful drink and I liked it, since the Drink is lite.
- “Merkey Waters” – Cocktail resulted by combining Jägermeister cocktail with almond and pineapple + Orange bitters. This drink showcases the personality of Angela Merkel and unfortunately i missedto try.
Out of all 10 Cocktails, I liked Russia with Love, Namojo, The Muffler and Monica Blewinsky.
While trying out these Cocktail tasters, we were served some nice starters like Potato Chili and Crispy Sushi, both were marvelous! Most of the people don’t like Sushi for some reason and I personally have mixed feelings, but crispy stuffing made it unique and best at High Ultra Lounge.
Second one is in the Bar-counter with comfortable seating arrangements with a large LCD, bar counter is huge with a showcase of imported liquor bottles. These 2 sections are open to public with or without reservation and suitable for small groups!
There are 2 private sections for group bookings, one is open air and similar to the one for public and Closed one has beautiful lavender & pink combination interiors with breathtaking view! Feel like you are in heaven.
#HIGHOnPower Festival started from 19th July 2015 and goes till 6th August 2015! Go Ahead and Relish yourself with some powerful cocktails.
It was an indeed great evening with fellow bloggers & Mr. Sundeep Rao!
My Special Thanks to Jim Beam, Eulogy and Complete High Ultra Lounge for organizing an unforgettable meet up! #HighOnPower #HighlyPoliticallyIncorrect
Address: High Ultra Lounge, Rooftop,
World Trade Center, Bangalore Brigade Gateway Campus, 26/1, Dr. Rajkumar Road, Malleswaram,Bangalore, Karnataka – 560 055
Phone # 080 4567 4567, 072 5995 1076