I had lot of expectations about the Jive Pub when I got a Invite for Food Blogger/Tasting table here and expectations met up to some extent. This place is located in Double Road Indiranagar and just opposite to Nethradhama Hospital. This is one of the newly opened Pubs in Indiranagar.
This place is suitable to have a mug of beer with snacks after your work to refresh yourself.
Only few pubs in Bangalore where they serve North Indian cuisine along with the drinks, this is one among those. They have Bar and Restaurant in the ground floor, First floor it’s a lounge Bar which is opening soon and Second floor is completely occupied with Jive Pub.
I reached here exactly by 12.30 and waiting for other foodies to join, in that mean time I had some discussion with the Pub Manager. He was very polite and open to feedback.
Hospitality and service plays a vital role in Hotel Industry, this pub is best example among those.
Ambiance: This Place has a well décor with comfortable seating with large screen and visible to everyone in the dining area. Quotes written on the wall and tables were partitioned with chains which gives you perfect gastronomic experience. Music was quite decent.
Service: Manager and servers both were very friendly. People were very polite while serving the food and drinks. They were honest as well. We met chief chef as well
Food and Taste: We ordered so many veg and non-veg dishes, being a vegetarian I will not comment on any non-veg dishes and yes I really enjoyed the veg dishes which they served starts from starters to desserts.
1. Potato Cheese Kurkure – I tried this for the first time, it’s a deep fried starter with mashed potato cheese inside rolled in a roti and goes perfectly with spicy green chutney. Spicy food lover definitely love this dish with chutney. Must try dish in Jive.
2. Veg Wantons – This is also one of the dishes where I tried for the first time but I tried Wanton soup, this is deep fried starter with lot of stuffing inside and they served with Garlic Sauce (Garlic sauce was kind of ok) but I tried this dish with mayo and green chutney, tastes good.
3. Cheese Balls – One of my favorite starter now a days and trust me tastes heaven with the white sauce they gave (Don’t remember that name exactly).
4. Veg Salad – This dish is reasonably priced and really good. Basically I am not a salad lover but the Salad what I had here was unique. Seasoning was perfectly added to make it tastier but I feel bit of dressing required to make it even tastier.
5. Paneer Tikka – I did not find any difference when we compare with other restaurants / pubs, they could have done better.
6. Stuffed Mushrooms – I wasn’t aware that mushrooms are so tastier, but these stuffed mushrooms are just amazing (My mouth started watering after first one before taking second one) and people who normally don’t eat mushroom can also fall in love with this dish. I will definitely thank a chef who prepared this dish.
7. Nachos – Nachos are just awesome with all Italian toppings and dressed perfectly, tastes great.
8. Panner Butter Masala – I feel they should probably concentrate on the ingredients used for the preparation of this dish. It was tangy and that might be because of excess usage of tomato puree.
9. Dal Makhani – One of the must try dishes in this pub, tastes good.
10. Veg Biryani – This is my favorite dish all the time and definitely I will order whenever I notice in a menu. Biryani was typical north Indian style with lot of vegetables and Indian spices. They added deep fried onions on top of it that makes even tastier. Well, it was just awesome with raita.
1. Sex on the Beach – Must try drink and blended properly with orange juice.
2. Spiced Apple Martini – Signature drink – Tried for the first time, good one.
3. Mexican Mule – Tequila based, you should be strong enough to digest it. Excessive ginger made this drink bit down.
4. Mojito – Excessive mint leaves addition to make this drink down but if they can probably improve.
Prices are very reasonable and this is a typical value for money pubs in Indiranagar.
It was a good experience to visit this place.